Meet the all-new QUBIC QS-V20 Advanced Motion Cockpit
Debuted in summer of 2021, the Qubic System QS-V20 bridges the gap between QS-220-PL systems which use the same Qubic System world leading fast acting linear actuators but require custom design/integration with other cockpits and the flagship QS-S25 'Spider' simulator providing complete 6 DOF (degrees of freedom) motion simulation.
A set of four (two sets of QS-220-PL actuators and controllers) are used in the QS-V20 utilizing the same fast acting linear actuators that are the hallmark of Qubic System advanced motion simulators. That means latency and response are both best on market. But unlike off-the-shelf QS-220-PL sets that can be configured as 2 DOF or 3 DOF, the actuators are incorporated in a packaged cockpit design slanted at an angle to allow simulation of traction loss and yaw, providing an unprecedented value among professional grade 4 DOF simulators.
The QS-V20 offers 4 true degrees of freedom as opposed to 6 DOF like QS-S25. The only range/axes not simulated are surge (front and back) and sway (side to side). That said, unit is capable of providing some motion in those directions and most who tested them are not able to identify the lack of full range of motion. Instead, it is mistaken as a 6 DOF system. Just like the QS-S25, the QS-V20 is designed with one purpose for customers looking for the most realistic simulation.
- MotionSystems' Patent pending and world-leading fast acting simulation linear actuators with significantly better performance than the leading competitor for sim racing linear actuators:
- 4x faster response, 0.008 s latency
- 8x faster max speed, up to 800 mm/s
- 3x greater max displacement, up to 100 mm
- Very quiet operation
- 4 linear actuators in a custom layout providing true 4 degrees of freedom (4 DOF) simulating heave, roll, pitch and yaw and compensation for sway and surge
- Simulates vibrations up to 100 Hz, giving feedback of engine revs and other NVH sources like road surface/texture, rumble strips, etc.
Unmatched accuracy and realism in simulating vehicle or aircraft movement, including independent front and rear motion in yaw, not mere "rotation" of the driver to simulate traction loss.
- Full support of the proprietary ForceSeatPM software - totally free access, free lifetime updates.
- Compact design and small footprint fits to the medium size gaming rooms, VR centers, training facilities or even home location.
- VR HeadWay technology support (motion compensation).
- Up to 1 G* Lateral Acceleration (*limited for safe operation)
- The Platform Manager is a very powerful engine, yet it’s simple to use meaning you can adjust levels of motion, bumps, roll and pitch and more with a click of a button, or you can dive deeply into the software and adjust every aspect of platform movement.
Ordering & Shipping
As always at Pit Lane Sim Racing, what you see at checkout is what you pay. No additional fees or charges. You can check out online or, for a custom shipping quote and add options, please contact us. A custom shipping quote can often be a few hundred dollars less for air freight or $1,500-2,000 less by sea freight.
We have delivered these units from coast to coast! Estimated lead time is 12-16 weeks by air freight.
Why Qubic System?
As sim racing enthusiasts and not just sellers, we have a particular interest in motion simulation to bring virtual racing that much closer to reality. We often get asked what is the difference between a budget motion simulator, a proper entry level motion simulator, and a professional-grade motion simulator? There is a huge difference in cost and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
MotionSystems' Patent pending linear actuators technology guarantee very quiet and precise operation, high speed, and fast response. Max speed in linear and rotational axes can be anywhere between 3-5x that of entry level motion simulators. It can simulate acceleration/braking (surge: front-rear motion) and lateral acceleration (sway: side to side motion) of up to 0.4 G (although the system is capable of simulating higher than 1 G, it is limited for safety reasons).
What's in the Box?
- QS-V20 Motion Platform
- QubicManager software download
- USB and power cables
- Nuts and Bolts required for assembly
- Product Manual
- Almost everything you see is included, with the only options being
- FIA approved race seat
- 4-point seat belts
- Side steps
The unique combination of high performance linear actuator's technology developed by Motion Systems and modern, adjustable accessories allows users to train and experience real racing and flight simulation. The QS-V20 provides an amazing impression to get the feeling of driving a real racing car by delivering sensation of road textures, velocity, suspension interaction feedback, engine vibrations, tactile feedback, haptic system and vehicle dynamics.
Innovative technology, modular and compact design, as well as the quiet operation makes the QS-V20 a perfect motion base not only for professional application but also for home users.
By using dedicated software Platform Manager – ForceSeatPM the driver / pilot can use several sets to create the most realistic simulation that immediately responds to onscreen situations to deliver real life experience in gaming or VR applications.
Motion Systems is a global leading motion platforms brand for professionals and the most demanding home users. For over 10 year the company has been designing and providing bespoke motion solutions for industry and cutting edge technology for racing and flight simulation.
Patent pending linear actuator's technology is in charge of QS-V20 hidden power. 4 degrees of freedom (heave, roll, pitch and yaw) delivers yaw and traction loss experience and provide more realistic and precise driving/flying effects.
The motion platform is a modular solution that allows transport and on-site assembly using the main components.
Wide range of dedicated accessories for QS-V20 allows extending unit functionality or change configurations depending on the type of required game profile.
The platform is compatible with the selected Virtual Reality headsets on the market, which makes QS-V20 open to a new possibility in virtual racing.
QS-V20 general specification:
- Architecture: TRUE 4 DOF
- System performance (in Q-Mode)
- Heave: -5.0, 5.0 cm, up to 900 mm/s, limited to 0.88G*
- Roll: -8.5°, 8.5°, up to 140°/s, limited to 1,500°/s²*
- Pitch: -5.5°, 5.5°, up to 40°/s, limited to 500°/s²*
- Yaw: - 6.1°, 6.1°, up to 75°/s, limited to 900°/s²*
- *value of acceleration is limited for safety reasons
- Payload: 150 kg | 330.7 lb
- Product weight: 280 kg | 617.3 lb
- Total length (assembled): 1680 mm | 66.14 in
- Total width (assembled): 1080 mm | 42.51 in
- Min height (assembled): 964 mm | 37.96 in
- Vibrations frequency range: 0-100 Hz
- Power supply requirements: Single Phase 120V or 230 VAC Single Phase
- Average power consumption: 130 W (230V) Heavy Duty Mode
- Average power consumption for converter specification: 610 VA (230V)
- Peak current for breaker specification: 4.38 A (230V)
- PC/Data Connection: USB
Even the most advanced hardware is nothing without good software. ForceSeatPM (platform manager) by Motion Systems company is a professional and specialized software for the platform and is click and play compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC and constantly updated to support new applications as they are released. Gives user possibilities of motion adjustments, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic or easy and fast use of predefined profiles.
The Platform Manager is a powerful engine, yet it’s simple to use meaning you can adjust levels of motion, bumps, roll and pitch and more with a click of a button.
Few main features:
- Over 80+ already integrated and supported racing games and professional simulation applications.
- Included VR Headway technology uses advanced mathematic formulas to calculate necessary compensation and applies it to the VR headset at runtime. It eliminates platform movements from the VR tracking system causing your experiences to be more immersive, authentic and has huge impact on VR sickness compensation.
- The motor control algorithm has been developed to be used strictly in simulation application. The positioning signal is analyzed and preprocessed directly by the driver, so it is possible to change all driver parameters at basically zero cost (time). Drivers parse the incoming command as soon as the command arrives. It also allows to append different types of vibrations (per actuator) on driver level.
- Motion sickness compensation thanks to telemetry data provided in real time directly by the game’s engine and immediately injected to the hardware to perform.
- Equipped with Tactile Audio Based Feedback System that can use tactile transducers connected to sound card to generate additional effects on your cockpit.
- Thanks to having full control of the technology Motion Systems company can change control algorithm source code, introduce new parameters and features without waiting for 3rd party vendors. Simple software update can introduce new features to the customers.
- Motion SDK (FSMI or FSDI) for software developers is also available as an extra option. That powerful interface allows to add a motion platforms support to any application or game.
- 22 Racing Series
- American Truck Simulator
- Assetto Corsa
- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Automobilista 2
- City Car Driving EE
- Copa Petrobras de Marcas
- Design it Drive it: Speedboats
- DiRT 3
- DiRT 4
- DiRT Rally
- DiRT Rally 2.0
- Drift Cyber Sport
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- F1 2018
- F1 2019
- F1 2020
- Formula Truck 2013
- Forza Horizon 4
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Game Stock Car
- Game Stock Car Extreme
- GP Bikes
- GRID 2
- GRID 2019
- GRID Autosport
- GT Legends
- GTR 2
- Kart Racing Pro
- Live for Speed
- MX Bikes
- Project CARS
- Project CARS 2
- Project CARS 3
- Project CARS Pagani Edition
- Project CARS Pro
- Race 07
- RaceRoom Racing Experience
- rFactor 2
- Richard Burns Rally
- Touring Karts
- World Racing Series
- Aerofly FS2
- Condor 2
- DCS World
- DCS World 2.1 Alpha
- DCS World 2.5 Beta
- Falcon 4
- Falcon 4 BMS
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Flight Sim World
- IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover
- IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz
- IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles
- Prepar3D v2
- Prepar3D v3
- Prepar3D v4
- Prepar3D v5
- War Thunder
- X-Plane 9
- X-Plane 10
- X-Plane 11
Training and Applications Sim
- GOATi Traffic Simulation
- Matlab & Simulink
- Steel Beasts Pro
- NoLimits 2
- VR Regatta